Leaving the Rio Grande Valley


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Waco
April 25th 2009
Published: May 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Donna,Mike and UsDonna,Mike and UsDonna,Mike and Us

Spent Easter with family
Our close knit family of Winter Texans has started migrating North. We headed to the Hill Country near San Antonio. Although the landscape was painted with blooming Blue Bonnets, a five-day rain made us decide to move towards Dallas. But not before visiting San Antonio. We went to the IMAX (A Fight For Freedom, story of the Alamo) across from the Alamo and lunched at the River Walk.

At Lake Whitney we had great Pickleball with more friendly folks. After many days of stalking them, I finally got a picture of the Road Runners! Beep-beep.

In Dallas, we had an absolutely wonderful visit with son Mike and his wife Donna. They gave us a drive-by tour of nearby Southern Methodist College after a sinful brunch at Breadwinners. People in Texas seem to have solid values and they are friendly.

From Lake Tawakani in eastern Texas we start moving East. Next stop will be daughter Sherri and her family in Florence, SC. Keeping on schedule to hit grandson James' High School graduation in Ohio the first week in June.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

BlueBonnets in Hill CountryBlueBonnets in Hill Country
BlueBonnets in Hill Country

Lake Whitney, Texas
Road RunnerRoad Runner
Road Runner

Hard to see in the woods
Hand feeding deerHand feeding deer
Hand feeding deer

Medina Lake, Texas


Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 16; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0805s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb