Seeing Shaun


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » San Antonio
March 28th 2015
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 29.4245, -98.4946

Spent a lazy morning at the hotel. It's nice to sleep late and not worry about being much of anywhere on time. We walked around the hotel a little bit and saw the tall pine trees up close. It was a fairly pleasant walk although we were very close to the congestion of the highway--just a couple of buildings and blocks away.

When we were ready to leave the hotel, we found the tire pressure light on in the car. As it turned out, there was a Discount Tire right across the street from the hotel. We pulled into their quick serve lane and had the tires checked right away. The attendant topped up the air in one, but did not see any nail or anything else that looked like a problem. We'll just have to keep an eye on it.

Met P&B for lunch at Red Lobster and talked again for a couple of hours. It was good that the restaurant wasn't busy on Saturday lunchtime.

Next, we drove to San Antonio and made it there without any problem. The traffic was heavy again, but didn't bog down any place. Rather than driving down to Houston and across, we took a smaller highway west from Conroe parallel to I-10 until we were far enough to be away from Houston, then turned south to find the interstate.

When we got to San Antonio, we checked in at the hotel first. This is the first time that we have stayed at the Hilton's new brand Home2 Suites. The check-in went okay. They offered a choice of amenities from the shop. The decor of this hotel is not to my taste. It is spare and modern and reminiscent of a 1970s motel. The furnishings are mostly orange and brown; the closet is a shelf with a curtain and the top cabinets are open shelves. The bed seems to be very comfortable though with a foam topper on the mattress and the sheets are velvety soft. I'll be ready to get in bed soon.

We visited Shaun for a while this evening and went to dinner with him.




Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0645s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb