Day 2- 3 Recap


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » San Antonio
October 19th 2009
Published: October 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 2-3 recap


Ok So it is so confusing when one travels across the country. The days start to run together and knowing which city you are in and what time zone you have crossed and what you have seen just runs into one big day with friendly faces and lots of open road. This post is for yesterday...or the day before... who knows!

So New Orleans was cool. I love the city with the music and diversity. We had a the bingnet that I wrote about before but that sparked an argument about the prudence of waiting in line for them. ( Picture of line to come). We traveled fairly uneventfully from New Orleans to Houston where we got to participate in a community Halloween party. Thanks Herschelle and Skylar! Your costumes were the best!

From Houston there was more highway to get to San Antonio where we spent a very restful night with Scott and Susan and their new baby ( 4 weeks old) Riley. So cute! The pets Capone, Sidney, and Magic were also very accommodating as they helped us clean the floor while we cooked breakfast. Then after breakfast on to Explore Downtown San Antonio and its beautiful architecture. We did not forget the Alamo before we were back on the road. Texas is a state not to be messed with 850+ miles of highway to traverse on I-10 and speed traps along the way. Sadly we fell victim to the trap ( I will not mention who was driving).

2 days and we are finally just about to leave this state and go on to the next. Thanks to Janella and Shannon for letting us crash in your guest room! The sleep was so needed after the drive from San Antonio to El Paso.

This morning we are exploring downtown El paso. Looking over the river into Juarez Mexico ( we left our passports at home and someone mentioned drug wars and gang violence ). So we are off to points east... Pheonix, Los angeles. Who know... we will see where the wind stops blowing us.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb