S.A Stock Rodeo show 09


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » San Antonio
February 8th 2009
Published: February 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Angelic outhouseAngelic outhouseAngelic outhouse

my favorite one
This seems to be the biggest event for fun in San Antonio thats done every year. This being our 1st time living in Texas decided to go check it out. I'm not into cattle but anything thats a new adventure is always fun for me, plus it gives me something to blog about.

Since it was going to be an all day event we decided we would split the day up in two parts to give the kiddies a rest. That way we wouldn't suffer a melt down during the concert and rodeo show. Parking is where you get ripped off at $10.00 a pop. So $20.00 was for parking alone!
Upon entering the carnival part you are greeted by the most beatiful artwork of outhouse's you have ever seen. Brilliant! Who could take a relief in these things, luckily you can't its simply works of art. My favorite was the Angel outhouse that had wings sticking out the sides.

Fridays are dollars days for the rides and hotdogs! ( Budget Friendly ) Military get a $3.00 discount on tickets. First stop for me was getting some fresh squeezed lemonade! They actually squeezed 2 whole lemons right in my cup and added sugar and water! Now that fresh! Tasty too!! We can be overindulgent in carnival food mainly because we try to eathealthy most of the time but that goes out the window when your faced with Chili cheese fries, dollar dogs and funnel cake, Live a little..RIGHT! Off to the rides after our eating splurge.

We saw some baby pigs racing for Oreo cookies. They were so clean and so cute. they had cool names like "Ham-o-montana" " ORack-0f-Ribs Bama"..very cute! We saw tons of live stock at one point I saw a big grey bull with a hump on his back that made me freeze and yell "What the Heck is THAT!". Scott loves bulls so he talked to the owner for a lengthy amount of time and found out the beast was only 2 years old and devours 4800 lbs of grains DAILY!! After petting more lil animals and looking at cool display that included live snakes, bees making honey and other 4H stuff we went home to rest before returning to see The Rodeo show.

Whoever built the darn thing was not looking out for possible law suits in the future as the top row seat are so narrow you feel like your going to fall over on the people one row below you. Literally no room to move your feet and no rails to stop an accident if a drunk was to loose balance and fall forward. Anyhow, the show itself was cool. The cowboys rode the bucking horses and buls, kiddo's did a Mutten busting event ...hold on to the sheep for dear life. Then the concert part started. I know the dude is a famous country singer but I forgot the his name. Overall it was a good time.




Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Mega slideMega slide
Mega slide

Is She is shock?


9th February 2009

Holy crap! literally!
Those outhouses are a hoot! I couldn't get over the painting on the outside.....but the inside haha! Oh my word! Too funny! Glad you got to posting stuff again. I love seeing what u guys are up to and seeing pictures. Love ya!

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb