Day 4 - San Antonio, TX - Travelers Trailer Park on Roosevelt Ave.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » San Antonio
December 5th 2006
Published: December 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Map 1Map 1Map 1

Oklahoma City >> Waco
Day 4 - San Antonio, TX - Travelers Trailer Park on Roosevelt Ave.
Highlights: bad shocks; new camera; river walk; Christmas lights; newest Starbucks

The trailer park is nice/pretty and not too big with good showers (better enjoy them as I would not see one for about a week) small pool and is near at least 14KM of walking/cycling trails along the Paseo del Rio which also runs thru downtown San Antonio south ... http://www.travelersworldrv.com/... Upon waking it was still cool we were soooo glad we took our winter coats with us on the way down as we sure needed them even in San Antonio. Today we took it easy, cleaned out the truck, realized that the swaying of the truck was not due to the weight in the wrong place but it are the shocks , bad shocks, oh well we got this far.

Mom and I took the dogs for a long walk (mom and dad have a dog named Wally a cross between husky and german sherpard we believe), did some laundry as we still had some left from WPG, went to Best Buy to get a new camera as mine is a bit flaky so
Map 2Map 2Map 2

Waco >> San Antonio
I got a real nice Canon powershot, an older model but I can hold it in one hand and do everything without having to look for the buttons as they are so easily recognizable by touch and feel. Now with my new camera and the 2.0GB SanDisk and the USB thingy (thank you for the great gifts) just imagine the pictures we can take. We ran some other errants around San Antonio and then headed home to the trailer park and got ready to go downtown San Antonio to walk along the famous River Walk of the Paseo del Rio.

The Paseo del Rio is located 20ft below street level and has areas of park like settings and other areas with European style cafes, boutiques and highrise hotels. We took the local bus to downtown San Antonio, the bus trip took us thru some really old and rundown parts of the city (the wealthy live north of the city) but by the time we got off the bus we were admits the glamour of the downtown San Antonio.

I tried to take pictures but as I was new with the camera none of the were good due to
park2park2park2

The enterance of the traler park.
the lighting and the flash (better do some reading in the manual). It was chilly but it was beautiful along the river walk, they had all the Christmas lights on so it sparkled everywhere. It was not too busy so the walking was easy and that was a good thing as where the walkway ended the water started. I asked mom and dad if they had seen someone fall in or ever heard a splash in all the years they had come to the river walk as there are no railings in most places along the walkways. We had a bite to eat and a couple of drinks under the gas heaters and blankets the restaurant supplied. We had a coffee at the latest/greatest/newest Starbucks in the USA (as they claim) named Hear Music, it is one of those downloadable musicstore/Starbuck ... http://home.flash.net/~ral1/starbucks/bigimages/DSCN10473.jpg ... see the funky railing. We headed home early as we planned to head the next day to the Mexican border.




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

park3park3
park3

Inside the trailer park, or go to the webside found within this blog.
Dog parkDog park
Dog park

Taking Yukon and Wally to the dog park which leads to a +/- 14km walk/cycle path along the Paseo Del Rio.
Old San AntonioOld San Antonio
Old San Antonio

One of the many shops, restaurants, gallaries along the Paseo Del Rio.
Old San AntonioOld San Antonio
Old San Antonio

A Christmas tree in the river.
Old San AntonioOld San Antonio
Old San Antonio

Cool looking railing.
Old San AntonioOld San Antonio
Old San Antonio

Texas flag.


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb