Houston


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Houston
October 7th 2007
Published: August 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

New Orleans - Houston

07/10/2007

BayouBayouBayou

Cruise on the Bayou
We were each given a key to get into either one of the rooms where we were staying and after waking up and packing the van, Jon was collecting them. However we were missing one, we’d looked everywhere inside and unpacked all our luggage but we had no idea where it was. Eventually we gave up looking, Jon wasn’t happy but we had a massive drive today and couldn’t hang around any longer. We drove until mid afternoon then stopped to take a boat ride on the bayou and have lunch. We ate lunch, sandwiches again, then jumped aboard the boat with a crazy guy called Cajun Jack, he was hilarious. Not long after we’d been on the boat it started pouring down, absolutely throwing it down, but the boat tour went on. By the time we returned to the pier we were all soaking wet, we thanked Cajun Jack and continued on our way to Texas.

Our next stop was the Texas state border because Jon had a unique idea to cross the state border. We suddenly stopped on the highway and got out of the car, Jon stressed not too take too long, good idea since our van
BayouBayouBayou

House floating out on the bayou during a downpour, people actually live here
and trailer sat on the highway. We all lined up on the border as Jon made us jump, kiss and spit over the state border line from the Texas side then rushed back into the van and on our way. We later arrived at the campsite to find that the other trek group had beaten us there and took the cabins, so we had to setup our tents. Even though we spent the night in Houston we didn’t get time to go into the city, it was dark when we arrived at the campsite. We made dinner and had some drinks before most of the group went to sleep. I stayed up drinking and chatting to Jon for a while before we went to sleep.

Day 44:
New Orleans - Houston
460 MILES TRAVELLED // 8995 TOTAL
East Houston KOA Campground


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

BayouBayou
Bayou

Cajun Jack's Bayou boat
BayouBayou
Bayou

Cruising on the Bayou


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb