Our last blog from America!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Houston
February 29th 2008
Published: March 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Texas Longhorn!Texas Longhorn!Texas Longhorn!

Had to be shown for you mark and lydia!
So yeah this is it people, we are leaving America in a couple of days having just spent two weeks in Houston.

We have been to Houston before so really this part of the trip was about spending time with Mark and Julia. My bro and sister in law!

They live in a wonderful appartment, with gym, pool and outside bbq. We have truely made the most of these facilities. And their beautiful washing machine and dryer!!!!

We have been taken to a few museums as they live in the Museum District so it would be rude not to experience them. Any of you that know us pretty well would know that we are not museum people but we saw some fine art, some natural science and contemporary art. We also revisted Houston Zoo. Was as good as last time, especially enjoying the Orungutans (getting ready for Borneo).

Mark and Julia also took us to see G Love and Special Sauce (I had never heard of them) but it seems they are quite big over here, so much appreciated seeing them live.

As you all know we do like a freebie, and seeing as the Rodeo is massive over here we wanted to go along to see what it is all about. Unfortunately we are going to miss the rodeo itself but Mark and Julia took us to what they call a "cook off". It is basically a night of hundreds of corporate events set up in the car park to the Reliant Stadium where they hold the rodeo itself. The only downside was that Mark, Julia and their mates had tickets to go inside a corporate event so Ross and myself took a wander around. Realising by now that really if you are not in one of these private parties you feel like an outsider looking in at all these people having fun. Realising that you can pretty much get away with anything being English we sweet talked the man into the party with mark and julia and enjoyed the free liquer (as they would say) and free grub! Just our kind of thing!!!!

So this is it, we are on to Fiji next. How different it is going to be from America but we can't wait. As you can tell we have had an amazing time in the US. My expectations have been shattered and Ross, well he has always known that America has a lot to offer.

Thanks for reading our blogs so far, and I'm sorry if we are boring the crap out of you all!! Our blogs may not be in such abundance from now on as we have had rather a lot of free access online here but we will do our best to bore you some more. Ross has said that he will do some so that will mix it up a bit for you all!!!!!





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0968s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb