ode to a wonderful trip


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Houston
July 1st 2007
Published: July 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

so i've been back in the states for almost three days now. christine and i traveled back together to houston from milan and got back safely without a hitch. poor stephie j. had a much more stressful time. she got back okay but two hours later than scheduled and without her luggage. i'm sure her final entry would look much different than mine.

right now i'm sitting in my bed, watching non-cable tv, listening to the pouring rain outside, and wishing i was back in europe. i was glad to get back once we started traveling, but being back in the real world after being so far removed from it for a month is hard. i yearn for the company of irish boys, the evening backdrop of the eiffel tower, switzerland's breathtaking mountain views from any angle, or the easy life of lying on a rock or splashing in the cool mediterranean. it is this yearning that, i know for a fact, will keep me traveling.

this trip has been wonderful for so many reasons. we saw soooo much but managed our time well enough that we didn't run ourselves into the ground every day. we got to try so many different types of food, beer, wine, and (ugh!) schnapps. the three (four including rachel) of us were already close going into this trip, but i feel like experiencing all off these things together brought us that much closer--on a different level. now i never want to see any of them again. 😉

i have been forever changed by the things we saw and did and ate and drank in europe. hopefully europe was in some way bettered by our presence, as well. as i close this final entry, i hope that everyone who has loyally read our blog entries over the course of our trip has enjoyed them. i didn't write all of them, but i can take credit for 7 or 8 of them. thanks for keeping track of us! hopefully we'll travel together someday.

okay...for the last time: slainte, cheers, merci, dank, danke (x 3), grazie, europa! we love you!

Advertisement



1st July 2007

'Glad You Enjoyed Your Journey!
Meggen, I'm so glad that you enjoyed your journey, and I am SO-O-O-O proud of you for finding your way around Europe! You have experienced a dream dreamed by many people but realized by only a few. Thank you for sharing your exciting travels with us via your blog entries (and your e-mails and calls). Now may you find your real-world dream job so that you'll be able to travel even more someday. I pray that you find true happiness, as you make the world a better place by sharing your sweetness, your love, your compassion, and your knowledge. I love you, Sweetie! May God bless you!

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb