Harlingen, Tx.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Harlingen
March 13th 2015
Published: March 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

This travelogue is about my trip to Harlingen last year. We were all excited because we were going to visit my brother, at the academy, after a month without seeing him. We consider it was better to go by roadway so we left Puebla at 5 am so we could arrive early and hang more time with my brother. At first the weather was sunny but arriving to Matamoros the weather was cloudy and with a lot of air. You could fell like in movies when the air takes you away. We arrive to the Academy at 8 pm and it start to rain. The school was looking scary and we go to my brother's room. We could see his big smile of seeing us. The sergeant only let him go for two hours. We decide to go and celebrate his birthday at Chili’s. When we enter, it was warm and the food was delicious. As a cake we give him a big chocolate chip cookie and start singing the happy birthday song. After that we go and left him on the barricades, because next day we were going to wake up early as him and breakfast with him.







We arrive with luck 5 minutes before the cadets get to the mess hall. The sky was looking red with dark blue. The view was looking amazing but the the weather was humid, after a long night raining. The mess hall was huge, with trophies on the wall, with almost all the flags of the world and the drawing of the ball and the school pet. The cadets arrive and all the families start having lunch. Later we go to the ceremony of commemoration and Delta, my brother company, won almost all pennants. All Delta families were proud. Then we go to the open house and in their laboratory were having a pig fetus. When we go out it was already afternoon. We decide to go and eat at Panda Express, it was the closest restaurant. There my sister felt her coke in my brother´s pant. We had to return earlier so he could change his pants for the parade. It was awesome all companies pass and had a show with guns.









After the parade we had to return to the hotel to change for the ball. In the mess hall did a buffet, the theme of that year was Mexican parties, but like old ones. As food they give wings. Then we go to the gym and make a son and mom dance, after that only music for the cadets. After the party end, Alex came to spend the whole weekend with us. Next day my mom thought it was better to go to South Padre Island after some cloudy days. We arrive to the beach, it was like a peninsula, the water wascooler than other beaches of Mexico, and the sand was clearer and with no rocks but a lot of algae. There we go to Schlitterbah, a water park that their attraction was the wave’s pool. We go through all the slides and at the end of the day my dad bought us an ice cream. We decided to eat in South Padre, we taste a 100% natural restaurant of hamburgers, were incredible and with an amazing soda machines. Our last day we went to the mal, where people stop and coongrat my brother, then we go to Starbucks to talk with Alex before leaving. Also we go to our favorite restaurant, Texas Road House, that had excellent steaks. After that we had to go and leave Alex to the academy before the curfew. This were an excellent brief vacations.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb