A2 RIHLA #27: Current Event Issues


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Grapevine
May 26th 2013
Published: May 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

In the article "Boy Scouts to Allow Gay Youths to Join," takes place in Grapevine, Texas. The BSA is debating on whether gay children or adult leaders should be allowed to join a boy scout. They are debating on whether gay children should be able to sleep in tents with other boys or be segregated from them. This issue is violating but they are trying to protect the human rights of Born Free and Equal and to Not Discriminate. They are being violated because they at first did not allow gay children or leaders to be in boy scouts. A lady was once removed because of her open status. Also, many religious groups are against homosexuals that they do not want to allow it. My overall thoughts on this article is that they should allow them to boy scouts. They should because they are all human, as we are, and they should not be discriminated because of their sexuality. I believe they are not doing enough because they are just debating and having votes on whether what should they do; however, they have not shown any action. I believe they should allow them to be part of Boy Scouts because they are human and want to learn the moral codes of being in a boy scout.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb