Metroplex (II)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Fort Worth
March 4th 2007
Published: November 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After spending the day in Dallas, we decided it is only fair that we do the same in Fort Worth. So we all hopped in the car and headed out into traffic for the 1 hour ride Dallas to Forth Worth. During the entire ride to Fort Worth I was thinking it would be pretty much the same as Dallas, and mostly I was right.

We arrived in downtown Fort Worth, and had no trouble parking the car. This was due to the fact that the streets in Fort Worth are largely deserted on the weekends, but anyway at least we had made it. Now it was time to see the sights.

We walked the streets and saw what we could, but fairly quickly we just ended up sitting in bar to pass the time. When we were all satisfied with what downtown Fort Worth is all about we jumped into the car again for a quick ride to the Fort Worth Stockyards. It was at the Stockyards that we found where all the other tourists were.

The stockyards are sort of a historical reenactment of the cattle economy that originally built Fort Worth into a city. They have a rodeo arena, countless bars and restaurants, and touristy shops selling overpriced hot sauces and cowboy hats. We spent the rest of the afternoon wandering around with the other visitors before stopping into a historic-looking hotel to eat some barbeque for dinner.

After dinner we headed back out into the suburbs again - back to my sister's house. The next day it was time for me to head out and go back to the airport. It was nice to see my parents and my sister at the same time. Too often lately it seems like I can only connect with one or the other. Anyway, this trip went really fast, as weekend trips tend to do, but it was nice to see where my sister lives now and it is good to know she is happy in Texas.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb