Travel on AA to Chicago and then on Cathay Pacific


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Dallas
January 12th 2017
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 32.865, -96.7914

Today, we leave on AA from DFW to Chicago and then we will switch to the Hong Kong national airlines of Cathay Pacific.  The second flight is a 16 hour flight from Chicago, Illinois to Hong Kong, China.

AA Captain and friend, Brad Meeder, took us to the airport as we dropped off the Camry for him to use while he does "sim" training at the American Airlines Academy.  He has been very helpful to us over the years and we count it an honor to have him use our Camry.  When he does fly back to Chicago, he leaves the keys in his folder and then either him or Loyal can get the keys.  Its a good set up.

When we boarded the flight in Dallas, sitting in the back of the plane, we talked to the flight attendants.  Of course I had to tell them that we were going on my 60th birthday Bucket List Trip.  They were thrilled.  Some gave us some helpful information about Hong Kong and other locations that we will travel to.

We left Dallas, and there were some delays as the weather was snowing in Chicago.  However after arriving in Chicago only 2 hours late, we still had a good 3 hour connection to make our Cathay Pacific flight to Hong Kong.  Since we had a good 3 hours, Glenn suggested we grab some "Chicago deep dish pizza" to eat.  Good idea, Glenn.

We boarded the 777 at the International Terminal.  We watched the Cathay Pacific (Hong Kong National Airlines) pull up to the terminal and watched those that had just traveled from Hong Kong to Chicago, get off.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.223s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb