drruth does Panama


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Dallas
February 3rd 2006
Published: March 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

ARE WE THERE YET?
No... still driving. We left Amarillo Tx.at 5 AM. We always have coffee (weak) and homemade wholewheat bread, feta cheese and olives before we start so that entitles us to a second breakfast at 9 AM. The real thing--bacon, eggs, potatoes. Makes the camper smell like a campfire because some of the pans were last used over a fire in the Big Horns last fall. We picked up new Texas maps at the Wichita Falls rest area and took a little rest. Have to be ready for the Big D.
We went into Dallas via 114. Lots of trucks for a little while on the two lane road that they are working on making into a divided. Maybe next year? It is divided east of I-35. From there we slipped down to the 183 junction,onto I-35 and exited on Oak Lawn, just like the natives. I navigate, Mont drives and cusses.
Over to Luke's Locker to buy my new shoes. Tight parking lot! We left a few tire tracks on some of their dirt but didn't hit anything live. More cussing.
Then across town via surface streets--Blackburn (really--we have no idea who it is named after) to Haskell to Ross--and into our daughter Helen's driveway just off Munger by1:45. At 1:55 she is back from opera rehearsal and we are off to Aw Shucks for lunch. We do miss fish and shrimp in Wyoming.
The next day Helen took me to REI for shirt and pants. Found a neat purse that also would work on the trip as a day bag. Shopped for greek food at Shine's and Central Market.
Then it was off to the Opera that night for Helen and me. She is the principal flutist there. Handels Rodelinda with great singers-especially a contralto from Poland named Eva Podles.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb