Don't Mess With Texas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Dallas
February 12th 2006
Published: February 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

we arrived into dallas/fort worth last night....a town made famous by three things....JFK being shot, the TV show "Dallas" and of course....kelly clarkson 😊

vegas was great...i actually wasnt well for the last few days...just a cold or something maybe to much beer but it was still definitely an experience..one morning we woke to 2 guys being arrested right in front of our room...there was 4 police officers and the two guys had to put there hands on the bonnet just just in the tv show "cops"...we thought this was pretty good until only a few hours later three streets aways there was a police shootout....a guy in an apartment with all sorts of semi-automatic weapons firing at cops....the was 100 police there and the S.W.A.T. ...i guess it will come as no surprise to you that the shooter is err...no longer with us..it definitely was a dodgy part of town....great hostel but a bad area...the lonely planet decsribes the area as "unsavoury" but we reckon thats a bit of a soft word...

also i forgot to mention our own run in with the long arm (or should i say fat belly) of the law...when were driving thru the californian desert we got pulled over because apparently kyle was speeding and pudd didnt have a seat belt on..kyle doesnt reckon he was speeding but puddy definitely didnt have a seatbelt on....luckily he let us off with a warning!

as the say when in rome do as the romans do...well we were in downtown vegas so we went and shot some guns....there was a shooting range not far from where we were staying...i kinda expected there to be a lot of stuff you had to fill out and read and stuff but all it was was a form that said its my fault if i accidently shoot myself or someone accident shoots me....we fired the guns that apparently the aussie special forces use like hand guns but you could fire a fully automatic M-16 if you wanted...they had everything....i choose me target just to be the outline of a guy with the numbers on his head and shoulders etc...but most people get actuall pictures of people...puddy got that guy that still hasnt been found..you know he's got the beard and is said to be hiding down a cave somewhere...you know the guy...

today we are off to check out the JFK sites...i will be sure to take plenty of photo's especially for DD since i know he is really into it...there is a conspiracy museum as well you can go to. We are trying to get photo's up but it always seems that we can't for some reason..

john and kristian

Advertisement



13th February 2006

Greetings from sunny Leongatha
One all in the one day finals in case you're interested. Symmons got 150 runs!! Busy here at work, all those pensioners and diabetics, I'm sure youre missing them. Best wishes, Rod.

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1008.6kb