John Fitzgerald Kennedy


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Dallas
February 14th 2006
Published: February 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well we have been in texas for a few days now..the sun is shining but its pretty cold due to the blizzards up north...there is not as many cowboys as what i was expected...perhaps its like expecting kangaroo's on burke st...i'm not sure....

we have had our texas steak...and god it was good...we havent been to mcdonalds so we are not sure if they ask "would you like a gun with that?"....but it is texas...

yesterday we went and did the JFK thing....and it was fantastic...DD, you would love it...there is not a lot in Dallas but its worth it just for that...i used to love reading about the JFK conspiracy when i was young so it was great to come and see the place where it happened...like most things it doesnt look how you expect but it is very well preserved...there is an "X" on the road at the exact location where he was shot...and even a divet in the pavement where one of the missed bullets hit....the 6th floor of the Texas School Book Despository, where one of the shooters fired from (allegedly Lee Harvey Oswald), is now a nice museum...the actual place where he fired from is surrounded by glass but you can get pretty close....it is really is a sad but intriguing story....you get headphones that give you an audio tour which tells you all the facts and stuff....the museum is very anti-conspiracy tho...it only mentions it in passing..."some people believe there was a conspiracy"...

today we hired a car and tomorrow we set off for memphis....we have decided to not go to st louis which sadly, sadly means we will not see sigur ros...but its a decision we have made for a few reasons...money being one.....we are going to drive thru...arkansas...and we actually drive thru Hope, Arkansas..the birth place of another great american democratic president...William Jefferson Blythe IV...or as he is better known Bill Clinton..i think his house is now a little museum so we will probably stop there and check it out....there is also the hot springs national park that we are going too...tomorrow night we will stay in little rock, the capital of arkansas..

the next day will bring us to memphis and the home of Elvis Presley...and less notably Lisa Marie Presley..

tonight we are off to see the Dallas Mavericks and the New York Knicks..apparently the mavs are on a streak at the moment so it should be a good match!

Dick cheney the vice president shot someone by accident while hunting at a texas ranch so it is massive news over here...not sure if it made it back home....mum emailled me and told me the big news about eddie maguire...looks like he has made the next step to becoming president of australia 😊

hope all are well...and remember don't mess with texas..because..err..well..just don't alright.

Advertisement



14th February 2006

HOWDY FROM MORWELL
WOW! I wanna see Elvis...he is hot! get me an Elvis souvenier and i'll love youse forever!! Marcus is coming to stay in Morwell next week for work, so that will be exciting. And DD and Elise will be moving back up here on sunday too. Soon we will be taking over Gippsland! :o) xox
14th February 2006

Just saying G'day
Pudd hurry up and get back home the house is a mess and no ones feeding me. Nah just kidding, any way u guys seem to be having a ball. Hope ur taking lots of pics. Just out of curiosity, have u guys canceled ur pact yet or r u both still on the prowl. Or perhaps it is that u have found the girl but are incapable of woo'ing said strumpet.
15th February 2006

Hello Friends
Hi there, im sitting in lilydale reading about your wonderful tales and wondering what the hell im doing sitting here...(well supposed to be working for one!!) anyway sounds like you guys are having lots of fun...nothng much to report from my end except im 24 on friday...im getting old...love you both lots and lots, riajane xxxxxx

Tot: 0.26s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.075s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb