Dallas, Texas, USA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Dallas » Uptown
October 17th 2012
Published: October 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

So im off.



First post on my "see the world trip"

So im in Dallas, big town Dallas, not in Kansas anymore..

Wow!

Straight Up Hardcore American Republican Town with a Mexican Twist.

Texas is something worth visiting, for many reasons;

1. As locals explain "Everything is bigger in Texas"

2. Mexican food is somewhat unique compared to the rest of white dominated countries, its just over the border. As well as illegal immigrants,drugs and weapson secretly smuggling through the security lines, it seems so do the mouth watering recipes from down south.

3. History is somewhat controversial. With the Cowboy nature still engulfed in the republic oil rich people, it is its strong and passoinate people which give Texas its rich culture. Rich in the sense that its maintained its pride in the "Power of the South". Something that has threatened their exsistance in the past (i.e Civil War). The JFK Conspiracy/Museums and Sites are breathtaking and personally I consider to be one the most famous acts in American History. Ultimately equal with 9/11 and various speeches and movements by Presidents and Civil Rights movements.

4. Shopping is cheap as chips. A win for all foreigners.

5. Weather is magnificant in October. As the South East starts to cool down and Fall kicks in, Texas remains hot and strong. Squeezing the last bit of warmth out before the cold. Well Done Texas.

In my humble opinion there is three main parts of Dallas.

Fort Worth- The Cowboy end of the spectrum. It is the roots and boots, yeeehaa, rodeo riding town which gives Texas its famous name. Forth Worth is full of what I can only describe as the "Movie World Scene". Picture the cowboys from Back to The Future, where Marty is chased into a bar wearing his Pink Retro style outfit. Not him but the baddies, thats Fort Worth from my understanding. Its where the cattle is still driven down the main streets and every Friday and Saturday night, there of course a rodeo.

Downtown- The city end of Dallas is modern and hot. Filled with bars and Mexican restaurants its where the big oil rig millionairs go out on the town. There are malls and shopping centres to fill suitcases and museums and monuments to visit. The JFK tours are reccommended. It will take you through the steps of the famous few days. From the pre planned change of route, the shooting, the arrest of Lee Harvey Oswald, The Shooting of LHO and of course the Book Depository and all of its theories. I was lucky enough to be in town for Texas State Fair and it was a blast. Carnival atmopshere with bands, food stalls, face painting, cheesey Chinese Masks and a Parade filled with interesting floats such as; Mini Elvis' riding motobikes, Miss Curves Competition and the Rubbish Queens. Only winners.

Arlington- The action end of town. This is home to the baseball park and the Dallas Cowboys footbll stadium. Also the Six Flags Theme Park for family fun. This is day trip heaven. Hire a mini van and get rocking. Suggest visiting at least one of the stadiums. Massive things, dead set phenomenal.



Texas was fantastic and I came to see everything I planned on seeing.



JFK Tick

Cowboys Tick

Cheap Shopping Tick

Outrageous Sporting Facilities Tick

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb