Corpus Christi and then Back to Port Aransas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Corpus Christi
March 11th 2012
Published: March 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

March 11 Sunday – Corpus Christi – Port Aransas - Kind of a mixed bag today. Started out exploring more of Padre Island and Corpus Christi and then decided to go look at the Aquarium today and the Aircraft Carrier tomorrow. Should have done it the other way around. Forgot that on Sunday all the “family’s “would be out with their kids. Still it wasn’t too crowded after taking that into consideration. And the day started out dreary but then it warmed and cleared up and it ended up being a t-shirt day, very nice. A good day to lay around and take in the sun and enjoy the cool breeze...I finally had some good weather here in Corpus. It was t-shirt weather today. I went back to Port Aransas for the night as I like it more than the Padre Island beaches. A few Spring Breakers showed up so there were lots of bonfires and some loud music. But I figured its Spring Break and the kids need to enjoy themselves a bit. The music and fires died down as the night wore on. They say you are only young once but I disagree a bit as I feel young now since I can just relax and enjoy myself without worrying about having to earn my living later on…..or the DRAFT!

FYI – Parking is $5 in the lots near the aquarium or aircraft carrier. You have to buy the token to exit the lots at the aircraft carrier or the aquarium. If you don’t mind walking a bit you can park free at the parking lots for the Corpus Christi beach. There is also street metered parking if you can find a space open near the attractions. Another option for the more adventuresome is to park on Shoreline Blvd by the People’s street T-head free and take the $3.00 per person round trip Harbor ferry from the T-heads to the Corpus Christi Beach next to the Aquarium and aircraft carrier.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Entrance to Padre Balli ParkEntrance to Padre Balli Park
Entrance to Padre Balli Park

Entrance to Padre Balli Park and Bob Hall Pier from Park Road 22
Campground across from Bob Hall  pierCampground across from Bob Hall  pier
Campground across from Bob Hall pier

Padre Balli Park campground is across from Bob Hall Pier
Restroom at BlackbeardsRestroom at Blackbeards
Restroom at Blackbeards

This is the only restaurant I have seen that has the mens room in the kitchen.


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb