Austin Texas 2016


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Austin
February 19th 2016
Published: February 19th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Austin



Day One

On the first day, we arrived and took an uber to our friends apartment where we settled in. Shortly after we went to Salt Lick for an amazing barbecue and southern experience.



Day Two

After waking up and taking our time we ventured out to the city of Austin. We drove through the strip focusing on the centre, the state capital. We drive through many districts enroute to Mount Bonell. Once on top of the mountain we walked along the ridge taking pictures of the city and million dollar homes along the Colorado river. The three of us then drove back to the city to go into different shops including the staple Tom Toms, Whole foods, Allens boots to find cowboy boots and enjoy some lunch at a Tex Mex place. We also spent time in the driskell. The nicest old hotel I've seen, with a beautiful restaurant bar. After shopping in some of the artistic shops we went back to the apartment for a hot tub and dinner.



Day Three



We slept in and recharged. We started a long day by doing Austins scavenger hunt. This hunt took three hours and had us all over the city from the library, state capital, hot dog restaurant to the bridge describing the flash floods of 1869 in Austin. We then went to University of Texas stadium. To see the history of the Longhorns. We saw a memorial of all of the BEVO mascots as well as various coaches, national, manning, and heisman awards. We drove back to the apartment where we met with our friends and went to Rudys BBQ. A fun family style BBQ place with great food and even better service. It was a short trip but we loved our trip to Austin Texas.


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.227s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb