The countdown begins!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Austin
September 9th 2005
Published: September 9th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Flying route

This is where we'll be traveling on our first leg of the trip to get to Germany.

Our matching backpacksOur matching backpacksOur matching backpacks

They aren't packed yet, but hopefully we'll still be able to stand with them full and on our backs!
In less than a week we'll be on our way! We're excited, and I'm a little nervous that I'm going to forget something big like leaving the front door unlocked, but it's gonna be fun! We'll fly on the 15th from Houston to Munich, Germany. We plan to travel in Germany, Italy, and Switzerland, and we'll be traveling with some good friends of ours who are living in Germany for a few months.

Joe and I hope to update this every few days on our trip so everyone can see where we're at and know how we're doing. We probably won't be answering individual emails, but feel free to send some or post comments. We hope you enjoy sharing our "long walk" with us! Here's some fun pictures to get us started.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

LucyLucy
Lucy

I can't believe we're leaving this cute kitten behind!
Tanya & WilsonTanya & Wilson
Tanya & Wilson

Here's a picture of our good friends that we're traveling with. I can't believe they're crazy enough to want to spend 2 weeks "escorting" us through Europe!


11th September 2005

What an Adventure!
How cool is this! What a neat way to badger you two even if you are halfway around the world. Only four more days! May God bless all of you while you get ready and on your trip.
12th September 2005

We will miss you!
We are praying for a safe trip, and a safe return. And you better get up the nerve to climb that glacier!
13th September 2005

Be Safe
Joe and Kim, We are so excited for you! Have a wonderful time, enjoy everything, but be safe! May God watch over you four and return home safe. Love, Mom and Dad W.
15th September 2005

Be safe and have fun!
Sounds like an awsome trip. Look forward to seeing all the pics and hearing about your journey. See you in December!

Tot: 0.465s; Tpl: 0.042s; cc: 5; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb