Nashville & Onwards.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee
September 6th 2022
Published: September 7th 2022
Edit Blog Post




Rest Day Tuesday:




Not much to report today. Did a bit of bike maintenance a little bit of shopping then lots of relaxing and washing. At 6pm we Ubered back downtown and tried a few different bars with different bands. Found one with a really good band with an ultra talented lead singer. (Morgan Alexander) He could sing everything from Rap to country and he was accompanied by a fantastic band. Especially clever was the fiddler/slide guitarist/singer. We stayed here for a couple of hours - plenty of people up dancing. If you are into music this place is a must visit.

Back on the Road Wednesday 07/09

Leaving Nashville we had around 140kms (around 85 miles) on an expressway heading South to rejoin the TAT. Not much to report here except it was a quick trip as they have a 70mph (around 125kph) speed limit. Plenty of traffic, big rigs and other commercial vehicles belting up & down the freeway both ways. Arriving in the city of Fayetteville we were out the other side and onto the TAT again. Mainly sealed roads winding, once again through forests and then crop areas. Cotton, Sugar and many other unknown crops. After a while on these roads, we met three riders also on the TAT, again coming the other way. 2 of them were a father and son from Buenos Aires riding with an American. We stopped and had a chat in broken English/Spanish for 5 minutes (com es sta?) and then back into the forests again. More winding country roads, mainly seal before we stopped for lunch in a cafe in a small town. Onwards for a total of 201 miles (around 320kms) Just checked our GPS data and we are just approaching 3000kms so far on the trip. Arriving at our destination after crossing the Tennessee River again, the temperature had got up as we progressed and by the time we arrived in Trenton Georgia it was around 30 degrees and humid. Lost an hour coming into Georgia as they have a time change. For some reason no-one took any photos today but couple attached from a Nashville last night.

Advertisement



8th September 2022

Easy day
Hi guys Still going well and enjoying the music along the way Take care No offs please

Tot: 0.377s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0963s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb