Dollywood/Gatlinburg Tennessee


Advertisement
Published: June 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Spent today at Dollywood amusement park in Pigeon Forge Tennessee. Sally and I attended church services in the park in a little country church. The park has about 4 big roller coasters, which I passed on, and a lot of small shops to spend your money in. Saw the Kingdom Heirs perform in the park. The Kingdom Heirs are a 7 man southern gospel harmony music group. Really enjoyed the show. Drove over to Gatlinburg after we left the park and walked around for a few hours. Did some moonshine tasting, with a number of different flavored moonshines like apple pie, blueberry, lemon, blackberry to name few. I passed on the original moonshine. That's 100 proof and tastes like kerosene. What a day!! Church in the morning and moonshine tasting in the afternoon!! We are at the foot of the Smokey Mountains here in Pigeon Forge. It's beautiful here and very picturesque with huge green mountains, rolling hills and lots of flowing streams.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Dollywood Country ChurchDollywood Country Church
Dollywood Country Church

Sally and I attended church services here this morning
GatlinburgGatlinburg
Gatlinburg

Moonshine Tasting


10th June 2013

hi there
wow it looks like you two are having a blast keep it up you both deserve it. Drive safe to your next destination....will be waiting for the next post. we love and miss you both
10th June 2013

love
the pictures are awesome!!! I'm so glad you're having fun!! miss you, Sally!!!!!
10th June 2013

We're outa here too!
I would have thought that you would be further down the road, but what's the hurry right? It's getting nigh on 4 am and we're heading towards LA very soon. I'll check in along the way at night while at one of the hotels. Have a safe trip!
10th June 2013

Travel Safe!
Hey Guys, Looks like your 2013 trip is going fairly well, outside of the mishap in Texas. Wow, Grand Ole Opry show looks like that would've been a blast!! I bet you guys really enjoyed that! Keep the blog posts coming! Always fun to log in and see how your trip is progressing!! Have fun you guys!! Miss ya! So next year your coming to Idaho right?

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb