Great Day and H'Bday, Scotty


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Pickwick Dam
October 3rd 2011
Published: October 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

A wonderfully interesting day; very chilly and most foggy to begin. After the Cap't realized that we need to head South from March Creek, we were on our way, although nearly without any view. Gradually the weather on the Tenn River warmed and we were enjoying the neat topography (interesting rock formations and river side homes). We met a few vessels heading north (wrong direction) and passed a few more heading South.

Shortly after noon our GPS went out (who knows why?). We continued to follow the river and found some wonderful folks to lead us past a large barge (we didn't know the protocol for this operation). We then faced the Picwick Lock. These are a bit intimidating (much higher than the Erie Canal Locks). We made it fine and then wondered how we'd get to the Aqua Yacht Harbor where we'd made an appointment with a GPS mechanic.

We are finding the PDQ to be very comfortable (except for lacking Mary's walk around bed and two heads). Driving from the Fly bridge or lower helm works well. Lots of large windows and easy floating (no heeling).

Once tucked in and hooked to services (water, el, tv) we headed to the restaurant for dinner. OOPs, closed on Mondays. Oh, well, back to the boat for another creative meal. We may stay here for another day and use the loner car for a trip to Pickwick!!!

Buddy, after a muddy situation at last night's anchorage, rested comfortably for the whole day. As Barry N. says, "What a man!"


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb