Little Rock to Nashville


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Nashville
January 11th 2009
Published: January 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: 12 secs
2: 48 secs
Today we woke up in Little Rock, Arkansas and our gracious hosts (Tasha and Wes) made us a delicious breakfast! It was our first home-cooked meal in awhile, and it was incredible. After enjoying our treat, Tasha sent us off with a fabulous cooler for the road filled with delicious snacks, which we were sure to enjoy along the way. In case anyone hasn't tried "Stix" by Pringles, do try. They are delicious!

Andrew drove the whole way, again. We saw a big pyramid in Memphis and named Tennessee the Land of Swamps and Adult Book Stores. Every mile had a giant billboard advertising adult literature. We guess adults read a lot.

We made it to Nashville around 3:30, and got to our hotel room just in time to see the very start of the Chargers' Game. Although we are still mourning their loss, it was fun to be able to see the whole game.

After the game, we headed out to the main streets of downtown, and enjoyed some live music. We heard some good ol' country music, and of course, some bluegrass. The first band we saw had a singer that was quite the divo (male
Tennessee RiverTennessee RiverTennessee River

Can you believe all the sunshine?!
version of diva?), and the second group was an awesome bluegrass group. After finishing the night off with an American Idol-esque country superstar, we headed back to our hotel and decided we love Nashville. We wouldn't want to live here, but it is a great place to visit!

Next stop (either Monday or Tuesday) is Chapel Hill, North Carolina to visit Lisa, Jason, and Jack.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb