Nashville - Country Music Museum & Broadway


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Nashville
April 4th 2007
Published: April 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The ride from Memphis to Nashville on I-40 is beautiful. Dogwood and redbuds galore! Nashville exceeded our expectations. It’s clean, safe, and user friendly; and also funky and fun. We parked the RV near the Country Music Museum - it is sometimes hard to park something as large as The Schooner in a city. The Country Music Museum is a real treat - beautiful building, awesome collection, and fabulous display techniques. We could enter little circular booths and be surrounded by music from a single recording with information about the artist and the piece on the wall. An extensive Ray Charles exhibit was the feature. We loved the video history of Country Music on TV so much that we wanted to buy the DVD (NFS). The costume collection is outstanding. We only had two hours before the museum closed; and will surely return to spend more time.

We were a block away from Broadway and hit two clubs, Legends (a bluegrass duo - Shawna & Keifer and a seven piece cowboy band headed up by Mike Siler) and Tootsies (traditional country with that signature steel guitar), and had ribs and smokey chicken at Jack’s Bar-B-Que. In the small world department; we ran into neighbors, the Smiths, coming out of Jack’s. They were also on their way home from Florida. They joined us later at Legends. We spent the night dry camping in White House, Tenn., behind a Cracker Barrel. The temp dipped to 47 (inside) overnight. We have been so spoiled by temps in the 80s. On to Kentucky and opening day at Keenland Race Course on Friday. Appropriately the song playing on our CD in The Schooner right now is Willie Nelson’s On the Road Again.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb