St. Jude Children's Research Hospital


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Memphis
November 30th 2015
Published: December 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today's tour was both inspiring and heart-wrenching. All though we saw plenty of children who were obviously fighting the cancer battle they were playing and most seemed upbeat. The atmosphere we uplifting and the hallways cheerful.

In 1962 Danny Thomas opened his beloved St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. His goal was to end childhood cancer and St. Jude is well on their way to doing just that. There is a form of leukemia called ALL that in 1962 was basically a death sentence to a child. Today St. Jude has an incredible 94% cure rate for this form of cancer. St. Jude's research and treatment center is known worldwide. The motto at St. Jude is no child will be turned away for any reason. The other awesome thing about St. Jude is when they find something in their research they share it with all of the other research communities. The results speak for themselves.

I am thankful for our healthy grandchildren and I make a contribution to St. Jude every month in their honor. As this holiday season approaches I am challenging all of my friends to dig deep and make a contribution to St. Jude's. Let's put childhood cancer to bed for good....

Please check out their website. https://www.stjude.org/givethanks


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb