Magnificent Memphis


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Memphis
June 30th 2011
Published: June 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I have to combine two days worth here as had such a great time last night!!
Went out for a wander allong the banks of the Mississippi and to get a feel for downtown Memphis. Did a few pubs on Beale st. and did a superb tour of the gibson guitar factory nearby. They make around 45 hollow bodied guitars a day and you get to see exactly how they're made from lumps of wood to the finished article!

Turns out Wednesday is biker night in Beale street! Thousands of harleys and hondas of all description all roar into this closed off street. Live bands rock out of nearly every pub especially BB King's own bar! This coupled with the street party atmosphere led to an amazing night. Earlier on we had gone to the peabody hotel to watch ducks walk along a red carpet!! (Don't ask, just google it.)

Nic found me during the night with just my shorts on wandering along the hotel corridor!! Enough said!

Today we got a cab to Graceland for the platinum tour which is fantastic although you do get a bit Elvis'd out by the end of it! We then took a free shuttle to Sun recording studio for a great photo op. Later tonight we'll go down Beale street as it's country music night! yee ha!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.232s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0819s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb