That was some reception!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Memphis
April 19th 2010
Published: April 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The churchThe churchThe church

This was before it was decorated
So Damon was a groomsman in a friend's wedding and this guy was marrying into some serious money! We left Thursday and the first activity was a sangria party at somebody's house that evening. We were told it was jeans casual, but of course, we were the only ones in jeans (I was about the only girl not in a dress). Oops. The food wasn't amazing and the sangria was strong, but that house was insane! Their pool house had a huge guest room, full bath, pool table, living room complete with fireplace, and a kitchen. Probably about the size of something I could afford.
Friday was the rehearsal and dinner. The church was big- pretty, but nothing awe inspiring. The dinner was nice- steak AND shrimp, and your glass never emptied of wine. But the toasts went on a bit too long...
Saturday was brunch at another huge house, and then the actual wedding. I got stuck at the church for about 3 hours since Damon had to take pictures... so read magazines. The wedding was nice- short, but nothing extravagant.
THEN the reception. We're guessing it cost about $100-150K for the whole evening. There was endless food (lamb, prime rib, an ice sculpture boat filled with shrimp and oysters, taco bar, hamburger bar, bread and cheese that was so good, macaroni and cheese in a martini glass that had different toppings, an asian food bar, etc.... and the food never got lot), open bar (for like 5 hours- can you imagine the tab?), a live Memphis blues band, and a little photo booth like they have at the mall (that was super cute). There were probably 600 people at the reception. They rented out the whole clubhouse (that had to cost a pretty penny...) and every room was packed! It was a lot of fun, but I can't believe people can spend that kind of money on one night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Brunch houseBrunch house
Brunch house

The backyard was so pretty
Part of the reception crowdPart of the reception crowd
Part of the reception crowd

This was part of one room- there were more behind me, and several more rooms (like the dance room- I avoided that one)
Shrimp boat!Shrimp boat!
Shrimp boat!

Complete with shrimp and oysters
Me and DamonMe and Damon
Me and Damon

Self portrait
Photo BoothPhoto Booth
Photo Booth

This is me, Damon, Drew, and Jessica in the photo booth- it gives you two copies: one for you to take, and another to put in a little book and write a note to the bride and groom.


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb