Day 2: Memphis, TN


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Memphis
July 12th 2008
Published: July 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

In the CarIn the CarIn the Car

Rowan sleeping on the cooler
Knoxville to Memphis and everyone is getting used to traveling. Rowan sleeps with her head on the cooler, Biscuit likes to be the co-pilot and often seems to think Mark can't drive without his head over Mark's shoulder surveying the road. Piper has been watching movies and reading when we haven't been annoying her with, "Look Piper! Cows!"
As we were driving down Hwy 40 West, we see a pickup heading East. In the bed of the pickup is some kind of vending machine that is strapped in and standing up against the cab. Standing up against the vending machine, holding onto it, facing into the wind, is an elderly man. We could only imagine the conversation leading up to his riding along I-40 at over 70 mph standing in the bed of a pickup truck.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Rest AreaRest Area
Rest Area

Beautiful rest area on I-40W. Had a family graveyard and the state added a memorial to the gentleman who had settled on the land and his descendants.
Dog is the co-pilotDog is the co-pilot
Dog is the co-pilot

Biscuit helping daddy.
at the hotelat the hotel
at the hotel

The dogs have never been on our furniture. Mark decided to help them up onto the bed. Rowan thought it was great, Biscuit wasn't so sure.


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb