Uh Wuh Huh - Nashville & Memphis


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Memphis
July 9th 2007
Published: August 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

As we continued our escapade South through the vast United States, we thought it would be a great idea to drop by Nashville for a night out on the town. It was only a Monday night, but that doesnt matter! We're in the "City of Muic" and it doesnt matter what day of the week it is here!

We had a good night and were impressed by the chilled out saloons and bars, the majority of which showcase some sort of live band playing Bluegrass music which was great to take in. Already, we are seing how diverse a continent America really is and how charming the different cities and the people can be.

In saying that, we're also seeing an increasing amount of people living difficult lives and we had an interesting neighbour at our shoddy motel in Knoxville. This guy had moved out of the ghettos of St Louis with his wife and kids and was staying in the motel while looking for work, but you could tell his life wasnt easy. Were also seeing a lot of homeless people in the cities which is confusing when you consider how powerful and wealthy America is.

As
the motels have been, that really was a dodgy place with hookers doing the rounds on the stretch of broken payment outside. Our motel in Nashville was the same with a huge sign at the check in desk ordering: "No drugs or prostitutes". Reassurance and disconcertion at the same time is a strange combination!

After Nashville, we got Elvis on the ipod and set off for Memphis, Tennesee. Once we got there, we took it for a Nashville MkII, so we took a drive-by stop off at Hooters for a Coke, got haraunged by the self appointed town tour guides/tramps then drove to Graceland to pay our respects to The King. We went, we saw and we left. Before we knew it, we were back on the Interstate and baring down on Jackson, Mississippi...


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.404s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 38; qc: 148; dbt: 0.2995s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb