Day 23 - New Orleans/memphis


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Memphis
July 12th 2007
Published: July 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Early morning exit to New Orleans Airport. Once again found our bags had uneven weight causing a hasty repack to meet the individual 50 pound requirement. Jolene also received her complimentary frisk by airport security.

Arrived at Memphis and were transported via the Heartbreak Hotel shuttle (with Elvis playing consistently on the shuttle radio). Drove down Elvis Presley Boulevard, turned right down Lonely Street and arrived at the hotel at about 1:00PM. Were able to leave our bags however check in time was a strict 4:00PM. Grabbed some fried peanut butter sandwiches (Elvis's favourite food) at the local Elvis diner and hung around in the hotel foyer watching Elvis movies on the small TV (the old 20cm wide screen with timber framing around)

Found the staff (excluding one or two) extremely rude and uncaring (put this down to them listening constantly to Elvis songs and having to deal with Elvis obsessed inbred Americans who all could be poster children for the much mentioned American obesity epidemic)

Moved into our room which was extremely small. The only saving grace was the large King size bed (see David and Jolene) whilst the brats (American term we have adopted) were happy to share the Sofa Bed. Used the heart shaped pool for about an hour and enjoyed a few Buds

For dinner we walked down Lonely Street and were forced to eat an all you can Chinese buffet after a flash storm struck. We were forced to return down Lonely Street after dinner in the pouring rain.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb