A New Home


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Knoxville
April 11th 2006
Published: April 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

One of the most stressful, yet exciting things to do in one's life is to buy a house. After 5+ years of moving and turmoil and adventures, Daren and I have decided to settle down for awhile, and took possession of our first house on Friday!

This is probably going to be the nicest house we will ever have - because I'm not sure we could afford this much space in any other city we hope to live in!

Yes, this does mean we are planning to stick around Tennessee for awhile. For once both of us are enjoying the challenges and opportunities presented to us professionally and neither of us really wants to see snow regularly for awhile. We would love to have visitors though, so if you are coming through Tennessee, nuestra casa es su casa!

I'm including a picture and will send an email with our new address (don't want it posted on the internet). All our phone info will stay the same!

Peace!

Advertisement



11th April 2006

Wow!
Congratulations to you both! What a beautiful home! So happy for you. Looking forward to seeing you in Montreal! Maria :-)
11th April 2006

Dream House!
Wow! That house looks awesome! It is going to be a great deal to make such a big decision as buying a house. I will keep my fingers crossed for your housing search! Love and hugs, Mayumi
12th April 2006

CONGRATS!
Hey you two! Oh my goodness, so many things happening to you both! Wedding, houses and jobs and change! YAY!! That is one heck of a beautiful house! I love it! All the best to you both! Keep in touch!
12th April 2006

Hey
Wow!! That is a beautiful home and you are just around the corner!!! We will have to set up a time to come visit or meet up half way!!! Ta-Neisha, Gary and Harrison
26th April 2006

How RU going to clean it?
Hey kid! Congrats on the new home. Looks good! I am glad to here you are digging some roots. Feels nice, doesn't it? Well I love you and am happy to hear that you are happy. Send me an email when you get the chance. Hugs and kisses to the three of you!! (you still have bella, the traveller, right?)
7th May 2006

NEW HOUSE
CONGRATULATIONS! "Nesting" is quite lovely, isn't it?!? Love, Gayle
30th May 2006

Second Best, Eh?
Seems like every struggling Yankee gets sucked into the black hole that is Knoxville. It seems to be the only city in America that lower to middle income people can afford. I'm still living in my 350 dollar apartment, the rent is so awesome! But my neighbors suck, the traffic sucks, the culture (or extreme lack of it) sucks, the air quality was rated the worst in the nation by EPA ratings last year, Knoxville is still the most polluted city in the USA, yeah, the property tax is low, and almost any loser can afford a home, but is it really worth it? It's no better than finding a diamond in a toiletbowl! I would rather move back to Chicago where it's 30 below zero and my rent was over 1,000 bucks a month. At least I had opportunities and diversity of culture, and room for advancement, and the pay scale was 3 times as high. Here in Knoxville, it's like the Hotel California, once you enter, you are financially stuck and can never leave. Knoxville also has the highest bankruptcy rate in the country right now. What does that tell you? Don't do it, man. Don't just "settle". That's not the answer. You need to perservere and get the heck outta there! It's an evil conspirator's trap. Don't do it. Your wonderful new home is built on shifting silt and limestone anyways, and there's probably no french drainage, so you'll be paying out the wazzoo for mold problems and termites. Don't be fooled by the myth that is Knoxville.
7th June 2006

Well, well, well, Look who I found!
I was looking through the travelblog cite wondering, "Who the hell finds something exciting to see in Tennessee?" Then I saw some cute little girl standing next to a Red VWB and by golly it was you! Haha, I had already come across the post about staying in TN for a while and also wondered, "Hmmm, how does an international traveler come to rest in the little podank country of TN?" but i didn't look into it any further. Well, we are sure glad you are here!

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb