Campy Campers


Advertisement

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Chasing Butterflies 9 secs
2: Petting butterflies 7 secs
CampsiteCampsiteCampsite

We plopped our camp next to the smaller stream so there would be less people around.
My church small group was supposed to go camping together, but between uncoordinated schedules and deciding on a cabin over a tent, we ended up not making plans to go- but I still wanted to camp! So I asked Aaron and Stefani to go with me, and Aaron got his friend Chris to go (yes- Chris is single, insanely attractive, and has the prettiest blue eyes... but a match-up is not gonna happen, so let's stay focused!).

Monday night we all headed out to Elkmont and camped for two nights. The weather was PERFECT, it was so green, and we were right by the river. We cooked hot dogs on sticks, smores, played four square and trac ball, walked around the mountains, and had a good time being outside. There were also crazy amounts of butterflies there! It was fun to see them all and they didn't care that we were there. We could even pet them! We also saw lots of deer running through.

I did get a bit of a tan and some bug bites, and we're still waiting to see who gets poison ivy (I'm not sure if I'm allergic, but it was everywhere).


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

ElkmontElkmont
Elkmont

Part of our walk Tuesday morning
Elkmont 2Elkmont 2
Elkmont 2

More pretty river
??
?

Chris's body, Aaron's head.
SiblingsSiblings
Siblings

Me and Aaron
Summer homesSummer homes
Summer homes

The little cluster of buildings that used to be the rich folk's summer homes back in the day. They were really cute get-a-ways!
OuchOuch
Ouch

Chris hit me in the knee with the ball while we were playing trac ball. It left a big red mark and he was proud of it.
Campers!Campers!
Campers!

Group pic of all of us getting ready for hot dogs!
Ohhh, fireOhhh, fire
Ohhh, fire

The guys of course loved to poke their sticks in the fire and make it flare up


20th May 2010

beautiful! i'm thinking i could camp but sleeping arrangements would have to be a bit more substantial.....and lots of good bug spray, and I am allergic to poison ivy and....never mind. :)

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb