We are going on a bear hunt


Advertisement
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 36.5913, -83.6615

This morning after a quick breakfast we headed to the Cumberland Gap National Park. We decided to call into the visitor centre and we were quickly greated by Ron who worked there. He gave us a map and showed us where we needed to visit.

We drove to the first car park and got our treks underway. The one thing Ron forgot to tell us was how high these treks were. After about a mile we got to the bottom of our first adventure. After a gruelling climb up about 2000 feet of hills we reached the tri-state peak. This was a very exciting place in which three seperate states met, these were: kentucky, virginia and tennessee. We began playing round jumping state to state and bridging the gap between them.

After we made the descent we continued our trek along the wilderness trail. We reached a tricking waterfall and Simon being the intrepid explorer he is climbed down the bottom of the waterfall to gain a better viewpoint. After he'd climbed back up and cooled down we continued. We reached a small trial which took us to a cave in the mountain - this was amazing and very cold which was caused by wind through small tunnel. It was a well deserved blast of air conditioning and we felt ready to continue. As we had completed the majority of the accessible trails we headed back to the car.

We then drove up the mountain. Whislt making the ascent we spotted 2 dears grazing at the side of the road. Firstly we reached an area called Fort McCooke which housed a real cannon which was actually used in the civil war. We tnen continued straight to the top of the mountain which gave us panoramic views of the national park. These views were breaktaking and you could once again see all three states.

After this we decided to head off to our next location and as we were driving we spotted a shopping outlet centre. For once I didnt need to sweet talk Simon into shopping! We browsed through the shops and left with 3 pair of trainers and for the surprise of centry Simon had the most pair of shoes!! We then checked into a motel and headed out for some delicious dinner before settling in for a good night sleep.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb