Getting started


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Chattanooga
September 14th 2006
Published: August 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

View from Lookout MtView from Lookout MtView from Lookout Mt

Judy and Tenn in the background
We took delivery of our new 42 foot 2 inch 2007 Tour Master motor home in Ft Meyers, Florida and drove to Naples where we had all our personal things in storage. It was hot and we tried to load as quickly as possible. This took several days actually and it wasn't until the 22nd that we finally got on the road and began to truly enjoy our new life style. We spent our first night on our trip at the Florida-Georgia state lines. Nice camp ground and practically empty. The next day we arrived at the Chattanooga South KOA where we stayed 3 nights. This area is a huge Civil War Site and is maintained by the Park Service. The Civil War never ceases to amaze me. We also drove via our Saturn to Lookout Mountain and enjoyed the view from the top. No place for a 42 foot coach to be.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Lookout MountainLookout Mountain
Lookout Mountain

Incline railway
View of ChatanoogaView of Chatanooga
View of Chatanooga

View of Chatanooga


15th August 2007

Lookout Mountain
The day we went to Lookout Mountain it had been raining earlier. We were there in June with the daughters after our trip to Disney. Remember buying a pine cone ring. I think I still have that ring. It was a trip to remember because when we stopped at the motel everybody took showers, Michele, our youngest, was last, got locked in the bathroom due to all the humidity from the showers. It was a sliding door and we had to get the manager to get it opened. She was about 10 at the time and was very brave as long as we kept talking to her.

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb