Through South Dakota


Advertisement
Published: June 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We have had a busy couple of days traveling north from Missouri and yesterday driving through the entire state of South Dakota. Miriam did so well! We stopped for a break & lunch for a couple of hours, then drove past many sights (much to my Mom's chagrin!) as M slept. We arrived in Rapid City last night and went to a dinner & show to celebrate Cheryl's birthday, which was fu. Except for what follows. This woman came in to the ticket area saying that there was a car with two dogs in it that needed to be reported to authorities because it was too hot for them. It was in the 80's outside, but it was cloudy & about to rain. She made a big fuss & kept bad-talking us while we waited for the show to start. Well, we did keep checking on them to make sure they were ok, and sure enough, a sheriff pulled in one time when I went out to check on them. I told him our situation, and he was able to feel the inside of the car & tell that the dogs were ok. It was just so frustrating!

Otherwise, no
ExploringExploringExploring

Tony & Cheryl checking out the site where Dances with Wolves was filmed...
incidents to report, and today is a day off!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The fam at Sioux FallsThe fam at Sioux Falls
The fam at Sioux Falls

About to begin our drive across the great state of S.D.


Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb