Mt. Rushmore Wonder, Steaks, and Star Wars


Advertisement
Published: July 12th 2016
Edit Blog Post

DAY 15 - Monday, July 11, 2016

Black Hills National Forest to Mt. Rushmore to Keystone, SD to Rapid City, SD to Spearfish, SD

Thank you, Lord God, for a good night’s sleep! It’s easy to forget what solid sleep feels like on a 20 day motorhome trip. If you’ve been reading our blog for this whole trip than you know “we had a nice breakfast.” 😊 And back to Mt. Rushmore. We watched the movie, listened to a ranger speak about the sculptor’s vision and work, and thoroughly enjoyed one of our greatest American landmarks. Pearl did her junior ranger work and can now tell you all about Mt. Rushmore - just ask her! We ate Thomas Jefferson’s hand-scooped vanilla ice-cream bought more t-shirts and finished our time at Mt. Rushmore. We still had a day packed with more touristy experiences. We went through a cave at Rushmore Mountain and did their zip-line ride. Not a true zip-line but it was fun. Then we experienced the mysteries at Cosmos where magnetic pulls will blow your mind (and make you dizzy).

Back on I-90 we spotted a Texas Road House restaurant and drove straight there! I don’t know if it was because of 15 days on the road or if the steaks are truly the best around but we all agreed we had the best dinner here - and margaritas! We even watched the staff country dance. Jaedon said this trip has expanded his music taste to like some Country music. 😊 With content, full bellies and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young singing their flawless harmonies we landed in Spearfish, SD back to Chris’ Campground - where we were almost two weeks earlier - but now with Geoff, thank you, God! We even got some laundry done while the kids watched Star Wars “The Force Awakens.” May the One true force be with you all, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Night, night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 51; dbt: 0.067s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb