Day 10 - Deadwood


Advertisement
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I must start this entry off with one of the weirdest nights out I have ever had, and I apologise in advance for upsetting any Americans who might read this, but honestly you couldn't make up some of the sights we saw in a bar in Deadwood last night. My name is Earl and his brother were there, and their dancing alone could probably fill another paragraph, every other person had really bad facial hair in every number of different styles, all wearing vest tops and baseball caps. Honestly a fantastic night of people watching.

We had already had a problem with the hotel booked as they only had a Queen Room available despite the fact that a twin room had been booked, and although I like Mark, not really interested in spooning with him. Fortunately got another room in another hotel just round the corner.

Started off the day on the way to Badlands National Park and Badlands really is like something from another planet, a lot smaller than other parks, depending on time spent stopping and looking around you are in and out in an hour.

After the Badland it was off to Mount Rushmore, for another been there done that moment, and we timed it just in time for a huge thunderstorm to start and rush us out of there so we don't get soaked.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 61; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb