The Outskirts of Custer State Park


Advertisement
Published: July 21st 2016
Edit Blog Post

Today we found we have another low tire so we put a hold on the site seeing to find a tire shop. We dropped the tire off at a local tire shop and went thrift shopping. We found the Twilight movie that Daisy read on this trip, a lot of cool t-shirts for Daisy and finally a new camera. We got to go to a sit down lunch at Perkins which was a nice treat.

We then picked up Mandy and headed to Custer State Park, it was $20 to get into the park and was already 5 pm so we opted to drive thru and take our own scenic drive. It seems that this area follows its own set of rules, all the other South Dakota State Parks are $6 and none of the other National Parks charge for parking except here, Mount Rushmore. The drive was curvy and steep, we were glad to not have the trailer with us for this, nor would we recommend taking the trailer into this section of the Black Hills (US-16 Alt, Route 87 and Route 36). This drive provided beautiful views of rolling hills and tons of opportunity to view wildlife. We were able to see bison, prong horn deer, white tail deer and my favorite, prairie dogs. After this we headed back for a swim, baths and dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



22nd July 2016

What a Journey.
Even though I have not posted a comment on all of the pictures I have seen all of them and what a trip. I really happy for you guys.
22nd July 2016

Memories
Thank you Omar, we appreciate your comment and knowing that our friends are taking the time to see what we see. We hoped this would be a way to keep in touch and share our journey. I must admit at times we feel the blog requires a bit too much work, but I am sure it is something we will enjoy looking back on to.

Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb