South Dakota


Advertisement
Published: July 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We have been here since Sunday. We stayed at the Rafter J Bar Campground. Sunday, we arrived in South Dakota from the last campground in Minesota. We just hung out at our campground the rest of the night; we gotten there at night and we were tired.

Monday, we moved to our planned campsite, we had arrived a day early. Once moved, Zach and I went to the campgrounds to swim. Soon enough, Mom came also and Zach went to get his swimtrunks, as he wore his fashion shorts. He came back with his microfiber towel. We swam some, I made a friend, and Dad came with his swim trunks and we swum. And some more. Soon it was time to head back for lunch. After lunch, we got our comfort clothes on and we went to Mt. Rushmore for the very first time. We saw 2 short films, and entered an exibit hall with interactive feature through out the hall. We finally went home and had a campfire.

Tuesday, we did our morning activity and went out to the Wild West town of Deadwood. We saw the death area of Wild Bill, who was shot by Jack McCall, who thought he would be so great if he shot the great Wild Bill. We soon went up to the famous Mt. Mariah Cementary, where we saw the graves of the famous Wild Bill, Calamity Jane, and Potatoe Creek Johnny. We soon went home and went to bed.

Wednesday, we stayed in our trailer because it rained most of the morning. When it stopped, we got in our SUV and left for Bear Country U.S.A., the largest private bear captivation place in the world. We saw Elk, Birds, and more, with a lot of bears! After we took the drive, we went to the Babyland portion of the area. It includes small animals and baby bears and animals. After that, we took a 3-hour drive with animals free-roaming around the Custer State Park near Hill City, SD. Buffalo can actually cross the roads of your driving areas. Burros, a type of donkey, came up to our window and we petted them as they poked their heads into the car. After we left the park, along the woods, we saw a lost buffalo, and it looked lonely. We stopped for dinner at a western-styled resturant at a campgrond just outside the park. They served buffalo, which I gave it an A+! We went to see the new sculpture of Crazy Horse. They have only completed the face! When finished, it will be the largest sculpture in the world. We soon went home and went to bed.

And tomarrow, Thursday, we pack it up and leave!!! We leave to Montana to see the Devil's Tower! I am sooo excited! Until the next blog, Zoe!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb