Where are they now?


Advertisement
Published: February 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We Made It!We Made It!We Made It!

Can't believe we are finally here in Charleston... and that this is our new boat!!!
So, the first question we are asked everytime we talk to friends and family is, "Where are you now?" The unfortunate part is that even though we set out on this adventure almost 2 months ago, we have only been living on our boat for the last week. Yes, just a week. It took us a long time to pack up the house and move accross the country. Throw the holidays in there and an emergency medical class and that just about sums up the last two months. Oh how time flies.

The second thing that friends and family commonly ask is, "When we are updating the blog?" I know it has been a while since our last entry and we were tempted to report on our drive accross America and the month we spent in Colorado. But we figured that this last move away from our old life and into this next one, eventhough it was a trip in and of itself, is not what the trip is really about.

So here we are, in Charleston SC and at the beginning of the trip. And wow, let me tell you, life has been crazy here. We have been
SunsetSunsetSunset

Jay and Kona enjoying one of our first sunsets on the Rum Runner.
so busy getting the boat, moving into our new home, and provisionning. And yeah- a little time sailing. I gotta tell you, our boat sails like a dream. We are both looking forward to the day we spend more time sailing the rum runner than provisionning and packing and fixing her up. But we will talk more about that in the entry "We go solo".

We figure that we have so much to write about, and so many pictures, that we will have to divide it all into seperate entries to make it more user friendly. So click around to hear the tales and see what we have been up to....


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

The Rum RunnerThe Rum Runner
The Rum Runner

After a hard day sailing, there is nothing like watching a sunset on your boat with some appetizers and appertifs (rum is the preferred drink, of course).


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb