If You Visit Brewers Sakonnet Marina


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Rhode Island
August 4th 2013
Published: August 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Brewers Sakonnet Marina is not a “destination port” and the staff there always appear a little surprised when we drop in. This is the second time we have visited there with battery problems. On our previous visit years ago, we did indeed need a new battery. On both occasions, we arrived with very little notice and the staff were extremely helpful and solved our problems expertly and promptly.

But unless you need help, there is little reason to visit here. If you want to stay overnight in this general neighborhood, there is a delightful anchorage in the Kickemuit River, which is about three miles to the North, across Mount Hope Bay and through Bristol Narrows.

If you do decide to visit Brewers Sakonnet Marina, simply head for the large building displaying the full name of the Marina. As you approach this building, you will see the entrance channel tucked in behind a substantial stone breakwater. On your first visit, I recommend that you stop first at the fuel dock. The main waterway inside this marina is a narrow channel with at least one blind right angle turn. Fortunately, when we went in, there was no one coming the other way ... :-)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb