In the Water, Out Again, In Again


Advertisement
Published: July 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Last season, we launched our previous sailboat, called "Madrigal", and sailed her from Connecticut to Rhode Island in the hope of selling her here in East Greenwich. It worked! Madrigal is sold. But as a result, Pavane did not go in the water last season. She has been on land since the fall of 2011.

Pavane went in the water a week ago but then we found that, while on land, one of the sea-cocks had frozen solid. So yesterday she came out of the water again while the yard installed a new sea-cock. Fortunately, the job took less than an hour.

We are also waiting for a new stay to be installed. This too had "gone bad" and needed to be replaced. Since the stay is what keeps the mast upright, we will not be going anywhere until it is in place. The boat-yard tell us that they now have the new stay and we must simply wait our turn and on the mysteries of how marinas schedule their work.

Meanwhile, we are living on board at the dock and slowly moving things aboard from the back of the old Saab. It is always a surprise when one assembles everything needed to go cruising. And another surprise when you realize that you drove here in the recent very hot weather and forgot to bring a jacket!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1179s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb