Massachusetts, Connecticut & Rhode Island


Advertisement
Published: August 21st 2016
Edit Blog Post

We next headed to Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. We stayed at a RV park in Rhode Island called Holiday Acres and met a nice couple Liz and Steve who asked us to share their campfire a couple of nights for some great conversation. They are full time RV travelers since January and are enjoying it.

We came to this area to visit Bonnie’s friends that live in Douglas, Massachusetts and they made us lobster dinner one evening which was great, but I still prefer Pacific coast crab. We had a good visit with them and their family.

It was very hot and humid while we were in this area so we spent lots of time in the trailer with the air conditioner going full blast. We went to Connecticut to do some Walmart shopping and had dinner out one night in Rhode Island. Did not make the trip into Boston since I had already been there and the weather was so unbearable it would not have been a pleasant visit.

We did make a trip to Cape Cod and Hyannis. We took a Duckmobile tour which was fun and full of information regarding the area and the Kennedys. I also visited the JFK Museum which displayed a large collection of pictures of the life of JFK and the rest of the Kennedys on Cape Cod. It was very well done and I enjoyed it and recommend it to others that visit the area.

We also visited Old Sturbridge Village in Massachusetts which was interesting but the weather kept it uncomfortable for walking around the village. They have costumed workers doing reenactments of the period of time and demonstrations at several buildings. It was just too hot to spend quality time taking all of this in.

We left again for New Hampshire in our quest for cooler weather.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb