New Hampshire and Vermont


Advertisement
Published: August 21st 2016
Edit Blog Post

While we did not find much cooler weather, at least the nights cool down now that we are close to the White Mountains area. We stayed at Newfound RV Park just outside of Plymouth in the center of New Hampshire with good access to the mountains, lakes and outlet shopping.



We went to the Castle in the Clouds which is located up the mountain northeast of Lake Winnipesaukee. It is a beautiful house and lovely gardens and a view that is amazing. There is a very narrow one way road that you drive up to the parking area for the tour to the Castle. On the way up there is a pull out for a short hike to a lovely waterfall. At the parking area there I a gift shop and café and you catch the shuttle that takes everyone up to the Castle. There is the option to walk back down from the castle but we rode the shuttle both ways.



Our next excursion was to North Conway to the outlets for some shopping. Bonnie got some new Croxs while I got some lime green flip flops and ASIC tennis. We drove the very narrow and steep road to the Cathedral Ledge hoping for a good view but there were too many trees. The road was an adventure on the way back down. We then took the Kancamagus Highway from Conway to Lincoln which is said to be the most scenic highway. It was a nice drive through the mountains and we saw a cool swimming place where large boulders make some pools and small waterfalls that had a lot of people wading or sunning on the rocks.



Last but not least we made the trip to Waterbury, Vermont to visit Ben and Jerry’s for a little bit of ice cream. We then had lunch at Cold Hollow Cider Mill and got some cider donuts to have later as everyone said they were wonderful. We both thought they were good but not as wonderful as billed. Made a quick stop at a maple syrup farm before heading back to New Hampshire.



This was a beautiful area to stay in and the Newfound Lake is just down the road from the RV park.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb