If You Visit Newport


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Rhode Island » Newport
September 5th 2013
Published: September 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Inside the West Wind MarinaInside the West Wind MarinaInside the West Wind Marina

The Boat Next to Pavane is a Tender to one of the Big Boats in the Background!
There are excellent moorings in Newport harbor and the launch service here runs until midnight or later, so you can go partying if you are so inclined.

These days, we usually choose to pay for dock space at West Wind Marina. As is to be expected, this is expensive. It cost us $136 per night. I doubt if other marinas in Newport are any cheaper. The physical layout of this marina makes it very comfortable. Big boats are docked on the outside and provide added protection to small boats on the sheltered inner docks.

There is a popular restaurant on the dockside above the marina, with live music on week-end evenings, so it can be noisy here until midnight. Given the number of waterfront bars in Newport, I doubt if many marinas here can truly be “peaceful”. If you want a quiet night in Newport, a mooring might perhaps be a better choice.

There are a number of convenience stores up and down Thames Street. If you need provisions, the most convenient place is the big “Stop & Shop” supermarket on Bellevue Avenue.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb