Elections


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Pennsylvania
March 31st 2006
Published: March 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

With the current SGA elections at Villanova, the candidates have been hanging posters, making speeching, and travelling through the dorms to meet with fellow students. I personally am not involved with any of the campaigning, yet I can imagine that it is alot of hard work and very time consuming. However, it seems that it is easier to campaign with the use of the internet. Candidates are able to have websites with all of their information and their platforms at the click of a button. The voting process as well is also done online which allows for easy and convenient voting for the students as well as effiecient counting for those who decide the winner of the election. Such a process takes much of the hassle of regular voting out of the process, one that discourages many people from voting in the first place. HAving voting accessible online encourages many people to voice their opinion on the issues. It also allows for easy and convenient viewing of different candidates' information and the issues they stand for. Overall I think it's a great idea to use modern technology to encourage students' participation in political issues, even if its just voting for SGA president and vice president of a university.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0726s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb