28 Days and Counting


Advertisement
Published: May 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Welcome!

We created this site for friends and family who wish to follow our travels to Europe this Summer 2008.

As you likely know, Cindy and I depart from New York on June 25th and arrive in Frankfurt via a brief layover in Amsterdam, where we begin our vacation through Germany, Italy and France. We'll first make our way to Heidelberg, where our parents live with their two dogs Oscar and Doogie. After several days touring Heidelberg and the surrounding area, we board an overnight train to Venice. This will be Cindy's first visit to Venice and Jamie's second (she was there for Carnivale in 1993).

After four days in Venice, we head back to Germany for a few days before heading south to Les Contamines-Mont Jois, France. We'll spend several days exploring Lyon, Annecy, Luberon and other areas of Provence. From there, we head north to Bavaria, where we'll tour the romantic castles of King Ludwig. This includes the spectacular Neuschwanstein, which Walt Disney modeled his Cinderella caster after. Finally, we'll return to Heidelberg where we'll enjoy some rest and family before heading home to Pennsylvania.

We're so excited about returning to Europe where we lived for four years and of which we have so many wonderful memories. We hope to include you all in our adventures by posting our journals and photographs here, so please check back often!

With much love,

Jamie and Cindy

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb