South Park


Advertisement
Published: April 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

South Park a animated televsion show that has just entered its 10th season and is more popular than ever. The reason why this animated comedy has lasted this long with growing popularity is because it is considered one of the funniest, wittiest shows on television that deals with every major news story and controversey in America. What started out as a "potty humor" show has gained the respect of adults and critics because it is one show that is so up to speed with current issues going on in the country. It has the innate ability to take very hot and touchy issues and blend it with humor that attracts children and adults a like. For example, the 10th season premiere which aired last night dealt with the world issue of the drawing the prophet Muhammad in cartoons, which has been a hot story ever since Muslims started to boycott Sweedish products and started rioting. The writers of the show have an innate ability to take such a sensitive subject like that and make it funny while adding their own opinions (which usually consists of taking both sides of an argument and making points for each side, while also usually making fun of the absurdity of some topics). Due to the computer animation the writers and producers of South Park are able to make changes to the episode the day it airs, this is why it is able to be so on top of current issues. I think shows like this are extremely important because it actually makes people who watch it become more aware of the real issues that the mock in the show. South Park can be seen as almost as the news made up in a way to attract a younger / different crowd. One might think that this is going to far but I can think of a handful of topics that South Park covered that my college professors has discussed in class. As long as thier is news in the world hopefully South Park will be "commenting" on it in their shows.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.199s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1648s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb