Kids Today


Advertisement
Published: March 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

This weeks discussion on children today, and whether or not they are better off now or in the past really interested me. I have lots of experience with children coming from a big family with lost of cousins who all live close by, and having worked as a camp counsler, at after school programs, and as an aid in elementary schools, I have had my share with children today. When I initally heard the question if kids are better off today I first thought yes, without a doubt. They have the most technology at their finger tips, they are spoiled and pampered, and they have the best medicines working for them. However, I then thought of how life must have been for kids 20, 30, or 40 years ago or so. Kids still had it pretty good, and they lived a simpler life i feel. From what I have heard kids would go to school, come home, go outside and play, have a nice big home cooked meal with their family, then chill out maybe watch tv and go to bed. There was no pressure with homework or prep courses for standardized tests. Half of the kids walking around werent on a prescribed medication, and kids actually got to spend time with their family (if they wanted to). Now I feel because of the rapid pace of life people and kids have too much on their plated and dont have time to enjoy life. Everyone is always worried about the next step or stage in their life and they dont get to sit back and let loose. It is a constant competition and struggle to succeed in life, and all the pressure is certainly put on kids and the age is getting younger and younger each year. Kids today are forced by society to grow up way to fast and that is a shame, and all signs point to no stop of this. It even looks that it will get worse just as history has shown us in the past.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb