not just numbers, but games


Advertisement
Published: February 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

our society has come a long way with many things. one common aspect that many commonly forget about is ... drum roll please ... GAMES! not just videogames, gameshows, and 'outdoorsy' games, but BOARD GAMES. so here's the thing ... people used to sit in circles and think of games on their own to play. eventually these games became very common and new games were being thought of. soon there would be the good ol' time-wasting board games. they've gone from the all-time favorite of monopoly to the completely interactive games like atmos'fear.' these new games incorporate things such as dvds to play along with and some even come with computer devices. this leads to my next point. computer games. EVERY game can be played on the computer. one of my favorites is a new popular game called SUDOKU. this tricky logic game deals strictly with numbers. it's quite difficult at times and can take up to 45 minutes to complete ONE game...it depends on how quick you are. it's quite the time consumer. i've seen a lot of books with thousands of the puzzles in barnes and noble, but who needs to buy them anymore? i just go on the internet and print them off websites. i also downloaded a sudoku program that has millions of the puzzles programmed into it. you can even have them sent to your CELL PHONE. even my roommate enjoys a good game of SUDOKU thanks to me!
there's no need to go out and buy any type of game anymore...everything is on the internet. every game i've ever played has a computer version to it. now, with peer sharing, or free trials and websites, it's easy to obtain these games while sitting around in front of the computer on a bored summer day. they're also better because you don't need anyone else to play with! there are computer players in these games that make it just as fun. you can also set the difficulty of the computer players, so if you're just learning the game, you can play easier opponents. there are shortened versions of these board games, too. monopoly, for instance, has a short version on the cd-rom because everyone knows that game can go on forever. not with me, though...i rock at it HAHA. television gameshows even have their own board game/videogame/computer game versions. i once had a hand-held version of wheel of fortune and family feud...my parents wound up kicking themselves for buying them for me because they would hear the music allllllll day long. i used to be a gameshow nut when i was younger. i would constantly watch the gameshow network. my favorite used to be match game...i thought it was so funny and i really enjoyed playing along. now, my new favorite is deal or no deal. i can't wait for the new episodes to start airing after the olympics. what i'm really waiting for it the board game and then the eventual computer game or video game which is sure to follow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0684s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb